[mythtv-users] mythbackend still eats memory: the current status

Udo van den Heuvel udovdh at xs4all.nl
Mon Jan 5 15:36:30 UTC 2009

Robert McNamara wrote:
> You outright *refuse* to even *try* to run valgrind, but the point is

I *DID* run valgrind and it didn't work as intended. I posted about this
on the list so keeping up that I refuse is untrue
mythbackend ran in an unusual way without making recordings when
valgrind was active. so the sofwtare didn't perform as normal so
valgrind couldn't detect anything.

> this.  You run it, or you won't get any help on this matter.

I posted a constructive message with details about the situation,
explanation about why I can't do much on the EN12000 (!) and you just
hammer that into the ground with a false statement.

It's as
> simple as that.

You made it just a bit more complicated by telling inaccuracies.

   Please don't turn this into a long, useless, drawn
> out thread like the last one,

Your email could be made more to the point as a start.

> as I'm fairly certain I'm giving an
> accurate description of the thoughts of the people capable of helping
> you with this.

They voted you in for this?
They read my posting and the older postings as well as you did?

Everyone working on myth is a volunteer, and they/we
> all work on the parts that interest us and make it fun.  It is *not*

I am not complaining, read my posting.

> fun to hear complaints from someone unwilling to take the specific
> (and ONLY) acceptable steps towards solving his problem.

Read my posting.

You *must*
> meet people halfway,

Read my posting.
I posted some constructive ideas.
Didn't you notice that?

and that means removing your patches and running
> valgrind.

My patches? 1 simple change for the amount of tuners?
Of which nobody said anything.

One last time:  there *are* no other acceptable
> troubleshooting steps that will get you response from people capable
> of helping you.

Read my posting.
I posted some constructive ideas.
Didn't you notice that?

It's not just MY problem. It's the general situation with MythTV, didn't
you get that?
It leaks. A little and more for some.
I want to help to cure that.
I posted some constructive ideas.