[mythtv-users] Floss looking for a MythTv contact for podcast

Marko Nurmenniemi marko.nurmenniemi at kolumbus.fi
Mon Jan 5 15:11:48 UTC 2009

George Mari wrote:
> Jonno wrote:
>> On Sun, Jan 4, 2009 at 2:31 AM, Marko Nurmenniemi
>> <marko.nurmenniemi at kolumbus.fi> wrote:
>>> I'm spending some of my time listening to these guys.
>>> http://www.twit.tv/floss50
>>> Other vice no connection. It is about Open Source SW (Free/Libre Open
>>> Source SW) and they are talking to people involved in OpenSource Projects.
>>>
>>> They are looking for a MythTV person to talk to in some future show,
>>> full list is here for future shows. There are 50 shows done as is
>>> visible from the link name.
>>> http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=pYAJMbVobYCTro_z4LGo3ZQ
>>>
>>> Dont' actually know who would be the good contact but thought to put the
>>> ball rolling...maybe this should go to the devel list?
>>>
>>> -Marko
>> My $0.02. I listen to a lot of the TWIT podcasts and Leo has quite a
>> large audience. It would be great to have someone talk about Myth and
>> spread the word.
>  >

> Maybe some clarification would be helpful - are they looking strictly
> for a developer, or someone who is just a user?
>
> When you say "MythTV person to talk to", to me, it could be interpreted
> either way.

In the past it has usually been the lead developer, person who started
the project or is leading the show at the moment. Someone to tell what
the MythTv is all about and where it is going...
There has been multiple people from one project also.

At this point they are looking for a contact person, show can be done
with totally different people...

but I'm just a messenger (and acting on my own) with no affiliation to
the people running the show there...

-Marko