[mythtv-users] Australian components

Phil Wild philwild at gmail.com
Mon Jan 5 07:26:36 UTC 2009

Hello MythTV users,

I am after advice specifically for an Australian build of Myth TV.

I have been scouring the forum and the mythtv wiki and there is a lot
of information and I am getting a little confused.

I am in Australia so I will only be dealing with DVB-T and MPEG2 streams.

I was originally looking at the HDHomeRun after posting a long time
ago but this card still has not been released so I am giving up on
it...

I am starting from scratch.

I would like to output video and audio through HDMI to my receiver.
I want to support (HD) 1080i broadcasts.

What is a good dual tuner card?
What is a good video/sound card?
What is a good case (slim and quiet)

I want to keep the cost below $1000 but preferably less...

I am looking at this as a better than beyonwiz type solution as in I
can also use the system for email/web browsing etc.

Cheers

Phil

--
Tel: 0400 466 952