[mythtv-users] Hulu Integration?

Jonno jonnojohnson at gmail.com
Mon Jan 5 04:58:40 UTC 2009

On Wed, Dec 3, 2008 at 7:50 PM, DISAFAN <disafan at aim.com> wrote:

> 4. The simplest management method may be LIRCMD, the LIRC mouse daemon.
> Not pretty, but launching a fullscreen firefox and passing control to it
> may be the best quick and dirty method of getting things working until
> something better comes along.

I would be delighted if someone could guide me through this. Just
having the mouse emulation that Mythbrowser currently has but for
Firefox would work for me. I not only use Hulu on occasion but also a
couple of other sources of video on the web which are not flash
(veetle provides an excellent quality of streaming video as a browser
plugin for example). I'm concerned that Mythbrowser will always be
behind the curve and having mouse emulation although not ideal, will
always work. I can usually bookmark the url's I want and launch the
site in Firefox from Mythtv. However once in the page I would like to
be able to just click play/pause/fullscreen buttons and also close
Firefox returning to Myth.

Does anyone actually have mouse emulation working via lircmd on a Myth system?