[mythtv-users] HDHomeRun and static network

scram69 scram69 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 5 04:38:50 UTC 2009

On Sat, Jan 3, 2009 at 9:13 AM, Greg Woods <greg at gregandeva.net> wrote:

> Sounds like you just need to change the order in which services are
> started.
Right, that would be the sensible solution.  I did try this a while
back.  That's when I discovered the bug in dhcp3-server:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/dhcp3/+bug/61903
Turns out, the service may start at boot, but the dhcpd doesn't
actually start up and assign an address until after a user logs in,
which is well after mythbackend has started.

So, I am still looking for an alternative to dhcpd...