[mythtv-users] HDTV as UPnP devices... list of TVs that work and ones that don't work??

David Blain mythtv at theblains.net
Sun Jan 4 07:45:57 UTC 2009

> David,
> Thanks for your quick commits.  Unfortunately, it does not
> appear to work.  All files now immediately comes up as "Not
> Supported File Fomat."  Prior to this change, it seemed to
> at least attempt to read the file before that message appeared.
> Can I supply any logs to help troubleshoot?

First, make sure the tv can truly handle the file format you are using.  Use
the upnp server software that came with the tv and have it serve up one the
of the mythtv files.  If it works correctly, proceed with the following:

Capture a tcpdump or equivalent of the tv talking to the vendor supplied
software (that worked above) from the initial discovery to the start of
playback.

Also, please capture the same information using the mythbackend upnp server.
(up until the "Not supported file format" message).

I will compare the two captures and see if there is anything obvious that
may be wrong with our implementation.

David.