[mythtv-users] Sources for QAM Listing Data

Yeechang Lee ylee at pobox.com
Sat Jan 3 19:17:51 UTC 2009

John Drescher <drescherjm at gmail.com> says:
> Possibly you can add additional lineups near you that have these
> channels. I am not sure of the restrictions though. I am using 2
> lineups for my channels on SD.

In my experience an XMLTVID will work, even if not in
SchedulesDirect's lineup data for the programming source
(over-the-air, cable, satellite, etc.) of your choice, as long as it
is in another lineup a) set up on your SchedulesDirect account and b)
is associated with a program ID. I don't know if this still holds
either a) or b) is not true. If it does hold, one could add lineup
data for a channel that is now available on one's cable system and not
yet in SchedulesDirect for one's local area--but is avaiable in (say)
a Los Angeles cable network's lineup--by creating a new lineup using a
zip code that network covers.

--
Frontend:		P4 3.0GHz, 1.5TB software RAID 5 array