[mythtv-users] HDHomeRun and static network

scram69 scram69 at gmail.com
Sat Jan 3 16:10:29 UTC 2009

On Fri, Jan 2, 2009 at 9:49 AM, Greg Woods <greg at gregandeva.net> wrote:
> The more I read this thread, the more convinced I am that it would be
> easier to just set up a DHCP server. It's not rocket science. If you
> don't have a router or wireless access point that can already do this,
> it wouldn't be that hard to install and run dhcpd on your Myth box.

I think I've got 4 routers/WAP's in the house serving various
functions, including a linksys running dd-wrt to act as a wireless
bridge :)  However, what I am doing with the second NIC in my backend
is keeping the HDHR traffic separate from the rest of the home
network/streaming traffic.

I am running dhcpd on my backend.  The problem with dhcpd, however, is
that it does not, will not, can not, assign an address to the HDHR
until after mythbackend has started.  This means that each time I
reboot the backend, I need to remember to manually restart
mythtv-backend in order for myth to see my tuners.

So, if there was an alternate configuration for my second, dedicated
NIC, that did not require me to manually restart the backend each
time, I'm interested in trying it...