[mythtv-users] Assist with a -fixes code question please?

William william_munson at comcast.net
Sat Jan 3 12:16:17 UTC 2009

I would like to make some small changes to the -fixes branch code but I
am having difficulty finding the correct code. A little assistance would
be greatly appreciated.

I would like to eliminate a few of the on screen pop ups as they create
stuttering in my HD playback. The primary one is the one at the end of a
commercial skip. I will decide on the rest later. I know that I can set
the duration of the popup but the minimum accepted value is 1 sec which
actually displays for ~2 seconds.

Is there a database hack I can use to kill the popup?

Where is that popup called? Prefer to just code out the calling
reference for the commercial skip rather than the actual OSD code.

Thank you in advance!

Bill