[mythtv-users] HDTV as UPnP devices... list of TVs that work and ones that don't work??

Eric Smith erictsmith at gmail.com
Sat Jan 3 01:14:15 UTC 2009

n Fri, Jan 2, 2009 at 2:28 PM, Brad DerManouelian <myth at dermanouelian.com>wrote:

> On Jan 2, 2009, at 4:35 AM, Rob Greene wrote:
>
> > I don't think it's quite that easy.  From what I was able to find via
> > surfing, there are other DNLA or UPnP calls that the Samsung TV is
> > making that MythTV doesn't support.  It does run Linux and suport
> > MPEG2 which is what all my HDHomeRun content is recorded as.  So I
> > think part of this comes down to the UPnP support in MythTV (or maybe
> > a superset of UPnP).
> > -Rob
>
> Could you provide some specific info? If there are legitimate upnp
> calls that mythtv isn't supporting, they should be added.

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/355156#355156
This actually came up once before, and I tracked what I think was some
related info.  The issue seems to be with a lack of response to
getcontentFeatures.dlna.org: 1.  I can assure that I have tested my 47a750
with several different video and audio formats which should all be
supported, but none work.