[mythtv-users] Slow guide in LiveTV

Yeechang Lee ylee at pobox.com
Sat Jan 3 00:58:42 UTC 2009

John Andrunas <john at andrunas.net> says:
> > I've "disabled" 1800 channels (made them invisible) but that
> > didn't sole a whole lot.

> Except I don't believe hiding them removes them from the actual
> database,

It does, from the Program Guide-performance perspective, in my
experience.

Program Guide without Live TV on my setup is much faster than Program
Guide with Live TV[1](in which all channels marked invisible appear,
greyed out). Admittedly this is with the live-video box but the
performance difference is more than that; a difference which I'm
pretty sure can be attributed to my not having channel icons for most
of the normally marked-invisible channels.

[1] That's aside from the problem of invisible gridlines and listing
entries here, which I've had for some time but have never bothered
investigating given how rarely I use Live TV.

--
Frontend:		P4 3.0GHz, 1.5TB software RAID 5 array