[mythtv-users] New Setup

john jppoet at gmail.com
Fri Jan 2 22:35:49 UTC 2009

On Jan 2, 2009, at 3:28 PM, Timothy Johnson wrote:

> I am currently looking at trying to setup a Mythtv box. I have
> DirecTV at my house, a am wondering if someone could shoot me some
> info on setting up myth to control the box, and how to get HD into
> myth.

http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Controlling_DirecTV_Set_Top_Box_(STB)_via_USB_or_Serial

and

http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/HD-PVR

However, the HD-PVR support is only officially available in the
development branch of Myth.  Unless you are a Linux/C++ developer with
the knowledge of finding and fixing bugs, I would not recommend you
run the development branch -- you should stick with 0.21-fixes.

John