[mythtv-users] Audio setup problem: SampleRate: Attempted to add a rate 32000 Hz, which is not in the list of allowed rates.

David Lonie loniedavid at gmail.com
Fri Jan 2 21:11:16 UTC 2009

Everything is working perfect on a remote frontend from the laptop
(where I was testing), but using the frontend on the server, there is
still no sound from the KWorld card. The backend log announces:

SampleRate: Attempted to add a rate 32000 Hz, which is not in the list
of allowed rates.

only when accessing the KWorld card from the server's frontend. I have
the server setup to use an iec958 output on a PCI C-Media CMI8768. I
have no clue what would be relevant, so here's everything from the
"General" setup audio page:

Audio output device: ALSA:cards.pcm.iec958
Passthrough output device: Default
Max Audio Channels: 5.1
Upmix: Active Linear
[x] Enable AC3 to SPDIF passthrough
[x] Enable DTS to SPDIF passthrough
[ ] Aggressive sound card buffering

Note: The sound works fine from a PVR-150 on the same server. Any
ideas why the server's sound system isn't accepting the 32000 Hz
stream from the KWorld card?

Thanks,

Dave