[mythtv-users] Xen DomU Backend & Nova-T

Dirk bigengineer at gmail.com
Fri Jan 2 16:51:10 UTC 2009

I am trying to get a backend running in a domU. So far I have only
have the pci passthrough working. But if I try to record something
with cat /dev/video0 > test.mpg the file stays empty. This is with
pciback.hide only.

So, I tried the options from this thread: pciback.permissive,
swiotlb=force and later swiotlb=256,force.  But nothing really works,
I get a kernel panic when I try to boot the domU.

I am using debian etch with 2.6.18-6-xen-amd64, xen 3.0.3, I have a
pvr-250 and a pvr-350.

Dirk