[mythtv-users] Mythtv and Choice Hotels

Tom Dexter digitalaudiorock at gmail.com
Thu Jan 1 23:41:19 UTC 2009

On Tue, Dec 30, 2008 at 10:26 AM, David Brieck Jr. <dbrieck at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm forced to use windows at work, so I use PuTTY as my SSH client. I
> usually don't notice things going too slow, but I know there is an
> option use compression on your SSH session. If you're doing it via a
> command line it's the -C switch and if you're in PuTTY it's under the
> SSH option under connections.

Just a note in case you weren't aware...I use ssh under cygwin as a
Windows ssh client and it works great.  I even got an rxvt terminal
running within X under cygwin with X11Forwarding working, so I can run
GUI programs on the remote linux host.

I also use that for port forwarding for a number of purposes...works
really nicely.

Tom