[mythtv-users] Partial and No Locks

Daniel Kristjansson danielk at cuymedia.net
Thu Jan 1 15:54:24 UTC 2009

On Wed, 2008-12-31 at 23:40 -0800, Brad DerManouelian wrote:
> On Dec 31, 2008, at 11:29 PM, j w wrote:
> > 2) Signal 0% | S/N 2.5dB | BE 12998 | (LAMc) Partial Lock
> > Q2: What might be causing my problem?
> I believe c means it's encrypted.

Yup, if you have a CAM from your Cable/Satellite company, and
it is plugged into the CAM slot of your DVB card it will change
to an upper case 'C' and begin showing you the program after a
few seconds. If you don't, or the CAM isn't working for some
reason, it will continue to show the lower case 'c' and it will
obviously not show you the program.

'c' is for crypt, as in encrypt and decrypt.

-- Daniel