[mythtv-users] Custom channel ordering ?

Simon Hobson linux at thehobsons.co.uk
Thu Jan 1 13:34:04 UTC 2009

Just installed MythTV this week, awesome package. Big thanks to
everyone that made it happen.

But, I'm either missing something obvious, or there's an important
feature missing. It seems I can only order channels by name or number
- neither make any sense for me as every other TV product I've used
has supported custom channel lists of some sort and either method of
sorting currently available gives a very odd order.

For now I've manually renamed channels to add leading spaces &
numbers - eg "MORE 4" is now " 14 MORE 4". It does the job, but it's
a bit of a faff and not really ideal.

If it's not already in the list, can I make a feature request to add
user-specified sort order to channels ? Ideally, and this could be
the mechanism I suppose, I'd also like to see sensible channel
numbers - eg "1" for BBC 1, and so on. "4168" is not exactly
instantly memorable !

--
Simon Hobson