[mythtv-users] Sony LocationFree update

Anthony R. Baker baker at low-e.com
Fri Feb 27 20:41:24 UTC 2009

    I have an update on using Sony's LocationFree with myth and a question
for some of the more knowledgeable users out there. First if you just want
to use it to stream your myth recordings to your PSP or playstation you can
do that now just set it up the instructions for a DVR and let the
LocationFree control a myth front-end. However if you want to stream from
the LocationFree to myth it will require some code work, but not as much as
I expected. It seems since the LocationFree bases don't sell well Sony
decided to open source their software. Including a version that is linux
based for PS3.However is it worth the work to get Myth to play files from
the LocationFree base? Its value to me is more as way to control and play
Mythtv files on PS3, PSP and PC remotely in a convenient way.  Not as
another source for recording or viewing on Myth. Or am I missing something?