[mythtv-users] Boxee/Hulu?

jedi jedi at mishnet.org
Fri Feb 27 13:24:10 UTC 2009

On Thu, Feb 26, 2009 at 08:50:28PM -0500, Tom Dexter wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 26, 2009 at 8:07 PM, Eric Sharkey <eric at lisaneric.org> wrote:
> > On Thu, Feb 26, 2009 at 5:58 PM, Tom Dexter <digitalaudiorock at gmail.com> wrote:
> >> Jesus...If anyone truly wants to perpetuate some myth that the open
> >> source is some bunch of rogue pirates, the war of attrition with hulu
> >> described in the above thread is certainly the way to do it.
> >
> > Yes, second only to some case where actual piracy might be involved.
> >
> > Eric
>
> I used the term "pirates" in the context of peoples
> perceptions...however jumping through hoops to circumvent the actions
> of the sites owners in order to violate the sites terms of use of
> certainly isn't a whole lot better.  If you have an issue with the

    Except no one is "jumping through hoops". People are merly employing
the facilities that were developed originally with the sites consent and
cooperation. Furthermore, nothing is being "stolen". The content is not
being transformed. The annoying ads are still quite intact.

     Calling it "piracy" is just mindless slander. It frames the situation
in wrongfully biased terms and glosses over important aspects of the
situation. It's sufficient to state that you or we don't condone violations
of a site's TOS however absurd they may be without resorting to slander.

[