[mythtv-users] What is temporal spatial deinterlacing, and how do I get it?

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Fri Feb 27 05:23:17 UTC 2009

Hi

2009/2/27 <jarpublic at gmail.com>

> Jean-Yves, I went ahead and updated mythtv from your repos, and I
> installed the 180.35 drivers. OpenGL checked out and worked for me
> with the patches you applied to your build. However, it is a mute
> point after I ran VDPAU. I am using Advanced 2x deinterlacing on my
> 8400GS and it is incredible the difference it makes. I had the VDPAU
> was only really an issue for people with HD and deinterlacing was only
> an issue with LCD TVs, but these VDPAU deinterlacers have brought new
> life to my pvr-150 recordings on my SDTV. Everything is working great
> and your work has improved the output on my system. Thanks.

Yes, the VDPAU deinterlacers are really good.
That's why I stated many times earlier that for me ; the most interesting
thing with VDPAU was the rendering/deinterlacing provided I had enough CPU
grunt to perform any HD decoding (I have a 3.16GHz C2D E8500).

I'm surprised however that the 8400gs could do Advanced 2X ; last time I
tried it wasn't fast enough. Though 180.35 is suposed to improve things with
low-end GPU ...
so that's a good news

JEan-Yves