[mythtv-users] What's a good projector for Myth?

Robert McNamara robert.mcnamara at gmail.com
Thu Feb 26 15:09:22 UTC 2009

On Thu, Feb 26, 2009 at 4:58 AM, Yeechang Lee <ylee at pobox.com> wrote:
> As someone who hopes one day to have a triple digits-inch screen like
> you do, I found this statement interesting. So you've found that (say)
> a football game on ABC, or a drama on FOX, is too pixelated for your
> tastes via projector?

It's not that I can't live with it, but to my eyes ABC and Fox
projected at that size are noticeably "muddier" looking than
NBC/CBS/SciFi/UniHD and the other channels at 1080i.  I had a RAID
array fail on me about a year ago, too, and decided that even though
it would mean fewer films, I would only fill the replacement array
with Blu ray and HD-DVD material, so everything in there now is 1080p
movies and 720p/1080i archived television.  I notice a substantial
difference at that size between 720p and 1080i/p and it more than
justified the extra expense of a 1080p projector for me and if I had
the decision to make again, a 720p projector would not be an
acceptable option (for me personally, my opion, YMMV, etc.  ;)  ).

You're right, we have it very very good here in regards to HD programming.

Robert