[mythtv-users] Sched Direct shows Lost from 9:00-10:11?

jason maxwell decepticon at gmail.com
Thu Feb 26 14:24:01 UTC 2009

On Thu, Feb 26, 2009 at 9:06 AM, Jason Weida <jason.m.weida at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hmmm.  Two weeks ago, Lost did not record due to a "Later Showing".  We
> didn't realize it until after the fact, so I raised the priority of Lost to
> +5, everything else on my system is at 0.  (I'm HDHR OTA only and don't
> record a lot, true conflicts are rare).
>
> No major losses other than having to watch with the annoying "pop ups" a
> week late, but I'd like to find out a way to always record the first
> showing.  The main concern, however is the reason for the "conflict" because
> it happened again this week.  I checked it before it was set to record and I
> think I see why it did not record two weeks ago...  It appears that the
> scheduling data shows Lost showing from 9:00-10:11pm.  10:11 PM?  The
> "conflict" is "Life on Mars" (the show which follows Lost on ABC), SD has it
> scheduled to start at 10:09 PM, 2 minutes before Lost ends!

Double check your end time for that show under the scheduling options menu.
Sometimes certain shows run over a tad, and for the one's I care most about,
I set it to end recording a few minutes late.  Perhaps you accidentally set
it to end 11 mins late?  Or maybe you have it set to end 2 mins late, and
for some reason schedules direct had the end/start of the next show skewed
by 9 mins?
-Jason