[mythtv-users] Happauge HVR-1800 . . . latest opinions?

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Wed Feb 25 20:59:26 UTC 2009

On Wednesday 25 February 2009 13:48:50 stefan_jones at comcast.net wrote:
> My mythbox currently has a Happauge PVR-150 and a pcHDTV3000. Working just
> fine.
>
> My Comcast network is going "mostly all digital" in a couple of months.
>
> The "low end" Basic Cable channels (2-32 or so) will still be available in
> analog form for a few years, but everything else (SciFi, Comedy Central, is
> being replaced with digital equivalents.

If they are forcing you to pay for an STB in order to receive what you get now
you should report them to the government. They have said they want to know
about any activity of that sort by the cable companies. They are trying to
take advantage of the confusion over the digital conversion in order to pry
more dollars out of their subscribers, and the FCC has said they want to keep
an eye on that kind of thing.

--
beww
beww at beww.org