[mythtv-users] Sony LocationFree

Anthony R. Baker baker at low-e.com
Wed Feb 25 16:42:41 UTC 2009

    Has anyone tried using a Sony LocationFree base station with Mythtv?It
is similar to a Slingbox but with PSP support. My boss gave me a LF-V30. It
is supposed to use a blaster to control any device, transcode the output on
the fly and broadcast it on your network or on the Internet letting you
control the DVR remotely.Since I have it I figured I would try it to see how
it worked I just wondered if anyone had tried it and found out any major
problems.
http://www.engadget.com/2007/07/18/sony-makes-locationfree-vaio-introduces-vaio-lf-v30-base-statio/