[mythtv-users] HDMI vs DVI->HDMI

jarpublic at gmail.com jarpublic at gmail.com
Wed Feb 25 15:02:55 UTC 2009

> DisplayPort is a digital display interface standard (approved May
> 2006, current version 1.1a approved on January 11, 2008) put forth by
> the Video Electronics Standards Association (VESA). It defines a new
> license-free, royalty-free, digital audio/video interconnect, intended
> to be used primarily between a computer and its display monitor, or a
> computer and a home-theater system.

I don't know about TV sets but Apple is pushing display port pretty
hard. They have put it as the only connector on some of their new
products. Dell has released some of their new displays with
displayport connectors. It is still pretty early so we will have to
wait to see if it catches on. It has some big backers.