[mythtv-users] DirecTV H21-200 Receiver

Josh TwoOneSix at thatclothingco.com
Wed Feb 25 11:32:03 UTC 2009

> > Anyone have a reliable way to change channels on the DirecTV HD
> > H21-200 receiver?  There is a USB and Ethernet port on the back of the
> unit.
> >  I dont seem to find any lirc blaster remote codes that reliably change
> the
> > channels either.  Any help would be greatly appreciated!
> > Thanks,
> > Joe K
>

> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Controlling_DirecTV_Set_Top_Box_%28STB%29_via_USB_or_Serial
>

> John

Joe, I got one of these units a few months back and was never able to build
a cable that would work reliably... I ended up having to "blast" IR to
control the unit. I wasn't able to find lirc codes either so I recorded my
own from the provided remote. See: http://www.lirc.org/html/irrecord.html

If you get your H21-200 port working to directly control the box, let me
know.

- Josh