[mythtv-users] Help! Fried my motherboard, need to build a new backend quick.

Greg Mitchell nodecam at gmail.com
Wed Feb 25 02:43:20 UTC 2009

On Tue, Feb 24, 2009 at 8:23 PM, John Drescher <drescherjm at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I flipped it to the reset position, and then powered the system up (whoops)
>> which appears to have fried my motherboard (A soltek SL K8TPro-939)  When I
>> flip the power now, absolutely nothing happens, no power, no post beeps.
>>
>> Ack.  Any help?
>>
> Did you try this?
>
> First pull out the plug. Then remove the battery from the motherboard.
> Then push the power button with the plug removed. Then plug it in and
> try powering it on again.
>
> John

John, you are the man.  Thank you so much.

For what it's worth, I think just pressing the power button on the
front is what saved my bacon - I've had this machine for so long, and
one of the first things I did was set it to power on when the power
supply is on, that it never even occurred to me to /turn it on/

lol

I'm more than a little embarassed, but also more than a little glad
that it got solved.

Let this be a lesson to me...Never try to work on machines while
refereeing fights between my 6 and 4 year olds :)

Thanks again!

Greg