[mythtv-users] MythTV recording extra time *randomly*

Misty P mistyp at thekorn.net
Mon Feb 23 16:29:50 UTC 2009

I'm having a bit of a strange occurance with mythtv, and was wondering if
anyone had seen this before.

Occasionally MythTV will decide to add extra time onto my recordings,
seemingly at random.

For example, I recorded My Name is Earl (I know, I know...  the wife likes
it) last week.  It was scheduled to be on from 7:00 - 7:30 PM CST.  The
guide showed it at 7:00 - 7:30 PM, and the info that myth tv shows when you
select the recording said 7:00 - 7:30 PM as well.  But for some unknown
reason, MythTV *actually* recorded from 6:59 - 7:56 PM!  (Yes, twenty-six
minutes after the end time, and captured twenty minutes of the drek that
follows Earl.)

I have a soft start early at one minute, and soft end late at one minute.
The recording rule has no hard start/end early.  There weren't any conflicts
(heck I had a tuner idle during that time even).

Anyone have any ideas?  I don't even know where to begin trying to sort this
problem out, so any and all suggestions are welcome!

(I've also seen mythTV record *less* than the show length, but never seems
to miss any of the actual *show*.  I've been a bit perplexed as to how
that's possible too, but it wasn't so bad so I ignored it.  But 26 minutes
over is a bit excessive!)