[mythtv-users] Nvidia GF8200 and VDPAU performance limits ?

George Mogielnicki george at begos.ca
Mon Feb 23 15:59:57 UTC 2009

>> - could it be that I hit the performance limit of this chipset ?
> the 8xxx aren't the fastest.
> To me it seems the the number of 3D shader units is a better
> assessment on how well a video card will do VDPAU.
> A reason why my 8400gs running at 678 MHz doesn't do a job anywhere as
> good as my old 8600GT running at 600MHz

Jean-Yves;

When you say "the number of 3D shader units" what do you exactly mean ?
Number of GPU Processors ? Shader Clock speed ?

My stop and go was resolved, I have reconfigured X11 few times and "lost"
the initial composite disable statement...

Still, basketball and hockey is not watchable, there is a shade following
the players, that's ways I'm interested in exactly what do yo have in
mind.

George