[mythtv-users] high cpu utilisation with bob deinterlacer

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Mon Feb 23 03:03:40 UTC 2009

Hi

2009/2/23 Adam <adam at fastmail.com.au>:
> My video card does support vdpau, but I don't want to patch mythtv
> manually for vdpau support so I'll just wait until it makes it into the
> gentoo package system.

You don't have to patch it manually.
http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-731657-highlight-vdpau.html

Someone provided the gentoo package for 0.21 with vdpau support.

> To investigate the cause of the high Xorg usage I disabled VSync in the
> X Server XVideo settings and this fixed the problem. Unfortunately
> having UseEvents enabled in xorg.conf doesn't help with the matter so
> I've just completely disabled vsync for now.

Yes, so you have the same problem as I had ..
Using opengl fixed it for me ; or better: vdpau

Unfortunately, without vsync ; you'll get tearing.

> Anyway, I didn't notice tearing with vsync disabled completely so I'll
> just live with it for now until vdpau support is included in the ports.

Very surprising ... I certainly did