[mythtv-users] VDPAU datapoint

Kevin Bailey ke-myth at retriever.dyndns.org
Mon Feb 23 02:30:16 UTC 2009

On Mon, Feb 23, 2009 at 10:40:29AM +1100, Jean-Yves Avenard wrote:

> When I active realtime on my box ; under some conditions (like moving
> a window on top of mythtv) will cause a 100% CPU usage and everything
> freeze ; including X and the mouse pointer won't respond.

Now I'm confused. I thought you meant that extra audio buffering
caused 100%. Now it sounds like real-time threads. I disabled
composite and extra audio buffering and its totally reliable
now. (I probably never had real-time threads working anyways.)

> What kind of screen do you have ?
> On my 46" 1080p TV it is certainly shows heaps...

42LG70

> With the software deinterlacer (including the new hardware accelerated
> OpenGL ones) there's always a slight flickering on white text...
> This doesn't happen with VDPAU.
>
> So did you solve your issue about tearing ?

Ya, the disable composite must have done it.