[mythtv-users] New front end, 720p playback fine; 1080i playback has funky colors!

Eric Holt ericsh at wvcom.net
Sun Feb 22 15:56:46 UTC 2009

Hello all.  My roommate set up a new front end in his bedroom to attach to
my myth setup, and mostly all is well... He has a 720p tv in his room
connected via VGA.  SD and 720p content plays perfectly.

However......  NBC and CBS content, the 1080i stuff, the colors are all
funky!  Sometimes its very reddish, other times its very greenish...  But
its always, and only, on the 1080i stuff.

I immediately thought deinterlacer issue, so I had him try others, and then
ultimately turn them off completely... and that did not help.  I checked his
xorg.conf, and it looks alright...  He's using the proprietary ATi driver on
a 690g chipset motherboard with integrated x1250 graphics.

I know I've seen posts about funky colors before on the list, but my
searches have not lead me to anything that has helped in fixing this issue.
So any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Oh, I should mention...  the NBC/CBS content plays fine on my front end,
colors are fine...  also with a 720p set, although with Nvidia integrated
graphics.  Oh, and also for what its worth, he's running Fedora 10 with Myth
installed from the RPM Fusion repositories.

Thanks in advance.............
--Eric