[mythtv-users] Suggestions for dual-headed configuration

Sun Feb 22 14:02:47 UTC 2009

Hi all,

after reading what the wiki [1] has to offer wrt X.org setups, I am
still unsure on how to set up my box.

I have one GFX card with two DVI outlets (my old card & CPU seem to be
beefy enough, after all. Yay). I want to use one for a desktop and the
other one for my TV. For now, the TV will not be connected at all times
as I decided to get some experience with my desktop before purchasing a
dedicated system. Ideally, I would want to switch the secondary (TV)
display on and off on demand without quitting my desktop session.

Does this make sense? If yes, does anyone have a setup like this and
is willing to share his/her xorg.conf?

Richard

[1] http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Running_MythTV_Dual_Headed