[mythtv-users] Boxee/Hulu?

Bill Williamson bill at bbqninja.com
Sun Feb 22 00:29:25 UTC 2009

On Sun, Feb 22, 2009 at 11:09 AM, Daniel Kristjansson
<danielk at cuymedia.net>wrote:

> BTW I'm wholly perplexed by interest in Hulu. YouTube user videos
> are fun, and Netflix streaming might actually have feature length
> programming I would want to watch. But Hulu is just the same boring
> stuff I can have MythTV record from the antenna on the roof, except
> with advertising added. Do people really want the ads so much that
> they will jump through all these hoops to get them added?

Note: i don't have hulu access due to being in AU.
Bu, you have access on your myth box to every star trek TOS  episode?  Every
episode of *insert 20 other shows here*?  Without having to wait 3 years for
them to air them all, and without having to have 10TB of storage to store
the ripped dvds on?  Do they just have a "Daniel K" channel where you call
them and tell them what episode of what show you want to watch, and they
then show it and you record it with mythtv?  If so, where can I sign up?

Hulu is essentially what everyone is  trying to create with mythtv; the
ability to watch what you want, when you want, where you want.  A single 30
second ad is not much hoop to jump through for that, since the rest of the
shows are commercial free.