[mythtv-users] Nvidia GF8200 and VDPAU performance limits ?

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Sun Feb 22 00:09:09 UTC 2009

Hi

2009/2/22 George Mogielnicki <george at begos.ca>:
> I have a bunch of questions to the VDPAU users
> - is the imperfect video motion common in the other cards ?

With the current nvidia drivers, If you don't disable Composite then yes

> - could it be that I hit the performance limit of this chipset ?
the 8xxx aren't the fastest.
To me it seems the the number of 3D shader units is a better
assessment on how well a video card will do VDPAU.
A reason why my 8400gs running at 678 MHz doesn't do a job anywhere as
good as my old 8600GT running at 600MHz

> - can I count on future improvements to the Nvidia driver to improve the
> playback

For sure ; there have been huge improvements between 180.06 to now...
And they keep fixing bugs lately

> - what about myth itself, interlacing ?
>
> Basically I'm trying to understand if this motherboard has a future with
> 0.22 when is released.

You can always add a more powerful discrete video card later..