[mythtv-users] Looking for Dual Head Help

Yan Seiner yan at seiner.com
Sat Feb 21 17:27:12 UTC 2009

John Welch wrote:

> So, anyone get any suggestions on how I can make this work?  I think
> what I want is two separate X servers each controlling one display,
> but I can't figure out the proper xorg.conf for this configuration.  I
> have read the section in the wiki page describing this setup, but it
> is just not clicking with me.  Ideally I'd like to be able to use both
> displays at the same time, like I can do now with my Xinerama setup,
> but this is not absolutely essential as most of the time I'm really
> only use one display or the other.

http://wiki.c3sl.ufpr.br/multiseat/index.php/NVidia_multiseat

However, you will lose XvMC and compiz if that's an issue.  It's not for
me as myth + Xorg + Xephyr are still < 70% of one core with this setup.

However, be careful - the latest experimental xorg is not supported by
nvidia binary blobs, so you really want to stay away from anything > 1.5.3

--Yan