[mythtv-users] Can't use 'delete and allow rerecord' for recordings when the file is missing

jarpublic at gmail.com jarpublic at gmail.com
Sat Feb 21 06:14:06 UTC 2009

> myth.find_orphans worked great for me after I patched it to allow re-record.
>  I posted my patch in ticket 4677 and it has been committed, but you need to
> be running trunk to get it.  The patch should work against fixes if you want
> to download and apply manually.  I also added a dryrun option so you can see
> what it is going to do before it does it.
>
> Link to thread about this:
> http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/316801#316801
> Link to ticket: http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/4677

That is good to know. I looked through the script myself and almost
started to add in the changes. It looked straightforward to add a
couple of lines to remove the record from oldrecorded in addition to
recorded. I know zero mysql though, and was fairly certain I would
muck it up. I got things to work by using touch to create some empty
files and then just did 'delete and allow re-record' from the
frontend. I'm just curious and I couldn't tell in the thread you
linked to, do your changes make it so it is the same as using the
'delete and allow re-record' option, or does it remove the recordings
from the database entirely?