[mythtv-users] overscan problems with nvidia 8400 GS

Allen Edwards allen.p.edwards at gmail.com
Fri Feb 20 23:41:23 UTC 2009

> Is there a way to use nvidia's normal overscan settings with the 8400gs? Or
> if I adjust the screen size with mythtv screen setup, how do I make it so
> the gnome panel isn't on top of mythtv?

The documentation is wrong and TVOverScan no longer works in xorg.conf

I put made the last two lines of /etc/gdm/Init/Default as below.  Experiment
with the 20 number.  I can't remember what the settings are but if you make
the 20 a 50 you will see what it does.  Just restart X to see.  Also, my TV
screen is TV-0, if yours is different, change that too.

nvidia-settings -a TVOverScan[TV-0]=20
exit 0

Allen