[mythtv-users] HD playback unresponsive to remote presses

James Crow james at ultratans.com
Fri Feb 20 15:21:34 UTC 2009

On Fri, 2009-02-20 at 08:56 -0500, Douglas E. Warner wrote:
> Commonly when playing HD content I have trouble having keypresses from my
> remote (lirc) be registered from mythfrontend.  Sometimes the keypresses will
> be queued up and handled in a little bit, other times they're just ignored
> completely.  And then sometimes I can actually do things like fast-forward,
> rewind, pause, or stop.
>
> I don't believe I'm maxing-out my dual-core Athlon X2 as I can typically ssh
> into the box without problems (confirmed by 'top').
>
> I tried searching the archives, but couldn't really find any solutions in the
> couple threads I found.
>
> Are there any settings I should look at to make things more responsive?
>
> -Doug

This thread may help:
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/347816?search_string=lirc key delay;#347816

If not try upgrading to the newest -fixes. I recall some messages from
Michael Dean regarding some updates that fixed some lirc keypress
problems. I could not find the thread with a quick search, but I think
it was svn 199? something.

Cheers,
James