[mythtv-users] No more hulu for Boxee

David Brodbeck gull at gull.us
Thu Feb 19 22:55:21 UTC 2009

On Thu, February 19, 2009 12:42 pm, Eric Mesa wrote:
> Sorry if this is a repeat, I didn't see it in my previous scans through
> the
> mailing list, but, as my wife can testify, I can easily miss things.
>
> Hulu has asked Boxee to stop showing Hulu through their interface see:
> http://blog.boxee.tv/2009/02/18/the-hulu-situation/
> and
> http://blog.hulu.com/2009/2/18/doing-hard-things

That's too bad.  It makes me unlikely to use both Boxee and Hulu, since
the main attraction for me was being able to watch Hulu content without
the awkwardness of trying to use a web browser on a television.

I find it odd that content providers are fighting convergence.  I suppose
they want to protect their own narrow channels, but it doesn't seem like a
good idea if the goal is to reach more eyeballs.