[mythtv-users] Wireless USB Hub ???

Andrew Burgess aab at cichlid.com
Thu Feb 19 15:36:31 UTC 2009

On Wed, 2009-02-18 at 08:27 -0700, Brian Wood wrote:

> I've already run into problems trying to run a USB cable to my garage, due to
> the distance involved. Any solution to this problem I have looked into is
> much more expensive than this device ($89).

I've had good luck with active usb extension cables from monoprice.com.
They are basically one port hubs with a 15 foot cable. I haven't used
them for a tuner just for mouse, keyboard and bluray dvd drive. I
imagine
they increase latency but might work for streaming video. They are usb
2.0 and
cheap ($10 IIRC)

HTH