[mythtv-users] pci sound card with spdif

Phil Wild philwild at gmail.com
Thu Feb 19 04:57:00 UTC 2009

Hello all,

I feel like I post on here with lots of problems and very few answers.
Hopefully that will change at some point...

I have been plagued with poor output since building my mythbuntu frontend.

If I am using vdpau, everything is good except for a lag in audio and
lots and lots of these messages:

WriteAudio: buffer underrun

One of the things mentioned in the wiki is "get a new sound card". I
am using onboard audio and output a digital signal via hdmi (but would
also be happy sending out via spdif as well). I don't have a problem
when I turn on additional buffering but I am then plagued with the
audio being annoyingly out of sync from the video.

Can anyone suggest a good LOW PROFILE sound card (with SPDIF) that is
not too expensive? It has to be low profile PCI to fit in my case
(Antec Micro Fusion 350)

Many thanks

Phil

--