[mythtv-users] strange transcoding behavior

Calvin Dodge caldodge at gmail.com
Thu Feb 19 01:42:24 UTC 2009

I routinely transcode "keepers" to xvid ((mp4) format. This works pretty
well, and the transcoded videos look as good to me as the originals (5:1
compression ratio going from mpeg2 to mpeg4).

This week, though, the process seems to be broken. Transcoded HD videos are
only 50% of the original size (normally they shrink down to 15-20%), and
every frame has multiple pink squares in it.

Xvidcore was updated on Sunday (the 15th) to version 1.2.1-1.fc10, so I
suspect that might be the cause of my problem. Has anyone else had a similar
difficulty?

Calvin Dodge