[mythtv-users] Question on how to purge old recordings

*malcolm* malcolm.torrent at gmail.com
Wed Feb 18 16:53:39 UTC 2009

*malcolm* wrote:
> Jon Bishop wrote:
>>
>> On Feb 18, 2009, at 3:02 AM, *malcolm* wrote:
>>>
>>> That is a long winded way of asking:
>>> "Does anyone know a method of purging a recordings directory for
>>> files / recordings that are no longer referenced in the database.?"
>>
>> I believe the script is called mythfindorphans.pl. Check the wiki,
>> it'll tell you how to use it.
> thanks guys,
> i thnk i'll have to get that script as its not in my contrib area..
> but then this box is way old.
ok I grabbed the file myth.find_ophans.pl from the 0.21 svn repository
and ran it with the correct options. ( i had to force the recording dir
as the entry in my DB is incompatible as its still running 0.20.x)

It returned that all my recording (640GB worth) were orphans. So it
doesn't work for me.

Does anyone have an idea how to do this on an old 0.20 system?