[mythtv-users] Proposed future power saving networked configuration (0.22 in mind)

Jon Bishop jon.the.wise.gdrive at gmail.com
Wed Feb 18 16:16:31 UTC 2009

On Feb 18, 2009, at 7:55 AM, Brian Edmonds wrote:

> There's always the issue of stability. Drivers for tuner cards are
> more
> likely to have bugs, in my experience, that hang or crash your
> system, or
> just need upgrading more often. Being able to put the master
> together with
> the database on a stable fileserver, and farm recordings out to
> lightweight,
> easily rebootable slaves could be an advantage.

Now that just makes sense. Of course, with an HDHR, this is moot...

mind you, I'm not discouraging anyone from doing anything. once it's
semi-stable, I will totally try it out. Yanno what else would be good
to couple with a tunerless master? If you could add/remove tuners
without restarting the master.

~Jon