[mythtv-users] Proposed future power saving networked configuration (0.22 in mind)

Chris Pinkham cpinkham at bc2va.org
Wed Feb 18 13:14:01 UTC 2009

* On Wed Feb 18, 2009 at 07:35:08AM -0500, Matt MacDonald wrote:
> How much power can a few tuners actually use?  I can see this being
> useful in a situation where there are not enough slots in your master
> backend to handle all the required tuners but with HDHR, HD-PVR and
> multirec this is becoming less of an issue.

Actually, with multirec, the ability to wakeup and shutdown additional
recording capacity can become more desirable.  If my HDHR could handle
95+% of my digital recording needs with multirec using QAM, then I wouldn't
need to keep my 2 air2pc cards powered on 24x7x365 just for that other 5%
of my need.  I can just wakeup the slave with the air2pc cards for those
few hours a month that it is needed and I've saved quite a bit.

--
Chris