[mythtv-users] EIT Question

OJ olejl77 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 18 12:38:31 UTC 2009

2008/12/16 OJ <olejl77 at gmail.com>:
> I am getting all my EPG data from EIT. My provider
> (http://www.showtimearabia.com) only transmit information about
> current and next show on each channel. I know for a fact that more
> information is available because if I use my Humax DVB-S the EPG gives
> me listings for a week.

FYI
I did manage to locate the EEPG data. What I found out with with help
from #mythtv-users is that the EIT information is transmitted on the
EEPG channel using PID 515. Showtimearabia uses an OpenTV
(http://www.opentv.com) for the EPG data which is a proprietary format
which needs to be reversed engineered. I don't have enough information
to consider doing that. Apparently more and more providers are
switching to OpenTV so maybe there is some information available, but
I wasn't able to find any. I checked the  VDR plugins, but I couldn't
get it to match the format I received.

I ended up writing a Python script that gets the data from the
http://www.showtimearabia.com online TV guide. I then save it in Xmltv
format and feeds it to MythTV. If anyone else is using Showtimearabia
I'll be happy to send you my script.