[mythtv-users] vdpau tearing

Phil Wild philwild at gmail.com
Wed Feb 18 12:10:07 UTC 2009

> 60Hz isn't what you want to use ... you'll get judder which is very
> noticeable on stuff like scrolling text (like 7 or ABC news where they
> have text scrolling at the bottom)...
>
> It could be a sync issue ; there's an experimental VDPAU sync in
> mythtv , in libs/libmythtv/vsync.cpp
> look for:
> #ifdef USING_VDPAU
> //    TESTVIDEOSYNC(VDPAUVideoSync);
> +#endif
>
> and uncomment TESTVIDEOSYNC(VDPAUVideoSync);

Thanks,

I may give this a try at some point. I still have bigger issues to
solve. My thoughts on switching to 60Hz was that the nvidia developers
would fix issues associated with 60Hz first seeing it is their primary
market (IMHO). I do not want to run permanently at 60Hz

Thanks with your help re compiling btw... just waiting to gain
ownership of the tv so I can try out the patch.

Cheers

Phil