[mythtv-users] Proposed future power saving networked configuration (0.22 in mind)

Guillaume Membré guillaume.ml at gmail.com
Wed Feb 18 09:20:17 UTC 2009

> What are the major benefits are a tuner-less master backend? I am curious...

My master backend can't have any tuner : the mobo is a mini itx form
factor and very old (VIA C2 533 Mhz), usb port are 1.1 only and on the
only pci port there is a gigabit network card and that's all. So I
cannot connect any tuner on it. It allow me to watch recording on a
frontend in the living room at any time without worrying about having
a backend up.
Moreover, this machine handles more services than mythtv. It is my ssh
gateway, hold the nfs server for my regular desktop computer and my
roku needs an upnp music server to work.

Guillaume