[mythtv-users] VDPAU field report

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Tue Feb 17 07:20:21 UTC 2009

Hi

2009/2/17 Yeechang Lee <ylee at pobox.com>:
> With the 180.29 and r19990 combination I can now use the Temporal 1x
> and 2x deinterlacers without skipping. The OSD will generally cause

Is this on HD material ?

> Bob no longer suffers from these ailments. I have not used it much as
> I now have access to Temporal 2x, but intend to try it at some point
> as Jean-Yves has reported that he, bizarrely, gets better results with
> it than with Temporal 2x.

I never use Bob, only temporal or temporal spatial.
Where did I say I got better result with Bob than Temporal 2X ?

> One new wrinkle with r19990/180.29 is that, during playback, the
> in-playback version of Upcoming Recordings does not completely cover
> the video; a stripe at the bottom, the left-hand stripe at the top and
> the upper-right corner, plus a few other little chunks/lines here and

the preview of videos in recordings aren't using vdpau at all .... So
I can't see why with the VDPAU patches it would be any different to
any previous versions.

Jean-Yves